My request? Let me help you with phone, web or face to face tech+learning support.
Anyone who knows me will tell you I love to help and regularly chat for far too long than is normal about how tech like laptops, smart phones, iPads and tablets can, in balance, help make our lives better. To help with my job security in 2014, I am now making the technology and education skills I have gathered over the last decade available for those who really need some simple, personalised assistance.
Help me fulfil a dream to listen, learn & teach in the USA this June and July.
I will achieve this if I can fund a trip to improve my own skills by attending the NMC (New Media Consortium) 2014 conference in Portland, Oregan, and/or the Apple Distinguished Educators Institute in San Diego, and attend and deliver workshops in the USA while I am there.
What You Get:
- Access to my unique way of explaining technology in simple but empowering ways
- The chance to choose just the level of support you need
- The chance to follow my journey and support me to become even better at what supporting my fellow educators and people like yourself
- I can provide support and workshops on a range of topics, and even customise them for you immediate needs
- My areas of expertise include: iPads, Macs, big picture planning, innovation, the SAMR model, Challenge Based Learning, Citizen Science, mobile devices, Using tablets to do ‘work’, App workflows, creating with iPads and tablets, Online learning tools and iBooks.
Why you can trust me to support you:
Not only am I an experienced teacher, but also an Apple Distinguished Educator who has been rated at number 1 in the world for tech knowledge (via the Quiz-Up app). My iBook about iPads and apps reached number 1 in Australia for computer-related titles, my educational YouTube videos have been viewed over 50,000 times, and I’ve been awarded by both the Department of Education in Queensland, and the UK’s Learning Without Frontiers conference as an innovative educator. You can find out more via JNXYZ.net and JNXYZtraining.net.
What I need:
I will be contributing my own money, time and frequent flyer points to make this trip possible, as well as volunteering to help pay for event fees. What I still need is:
- Additional funds to cover travel and accommodation expenses
- Opportunities to hone my craft by supporting your tech + learning needs
- Opportunities to Listen, Learn and Teach in US locations
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- Ask the people in your networks to support the campaign using this link http://igg.me/at/jnxyz/x/1866503
- Suggest other perks to me that I can add to best support you
- Send the link for this page to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc with a personal message of support from yourself.
- Follow @jnxyz on twitter, or ‘Like’ JNXYZ training on Facebook to help increase my ability to share online.